April 17, 2006

windows


Image hosting by Photobucket




I want to press my hand up against windows
To keep you there
To keep your stare
I want to press my hand up against windows
To make you stay
To hold your gaze
I want to press my hand up against windows
So we can see
So we may smile
I want to press my hand against windows
For you to see my scars
So you can see my soul
I want to press my hand against windows
On the train, the bus
And in the car
I want to press my hand against windows
And watch the earth turn
And revolve around the sun
I want to press my hand against windows
Late at night
So you cant see me take you in
I want to press my hand against windows
so that we may be joined through glass;
The sands of time that have been made clear through heating and reheating
I want to press my hand, my palm, against windows
to feel everything
I’m trying to shut out
I want to press my hand against windows
As tears stream my cheeks
And drip from my stoic chin
I want to press my hand up against windows
so that I can continue the figment of a movie
I live inside my head.

5 comments:

cooper said...

So true. Me too.

Doug said...

Lovely poem. Easterish. Stigmata and all.

Aaron said...

Haiku Blog is up and soon to be running. Need contributors, you're at the top of the list -- I'll catch you next time you're on IM for your email addy.

w.ould.v said...

Hi
Beacause i am from Mauritania in north africa , i am a franch speaker, son i can just understand some english cords.
I liked your poetry it is very sweet.

w.ould.v said...

Hi, it is me again
please sand me some of your beatiful poetry, it helps me learn english
thanks
aghrabatt
aghrabatt-vsm@yahoo.fr