September 02, 2007

here's to new

I was happy to feel the wave of independence as I exited the cold salty smelling palace. I wanted to touch everything and fall to my knees in a bowing to good fortune sort of joy. From the seaside skyscrapers, to the perfectly placed concrete tiles of the hot sidewalk. I wanted to jump up and dance among the notes of the slow accordion music blaring from hidden speakers. Most of all I wanted the hot sticky air to stick in my lungs, to hang on pulmonary. I watched magenta bougainvillea grow up a white stucco parking structure and thought, is this the answer or just an exquisite excuse for a permanent vacation from real life. Either way I have arrived at my independence, at my future, at my wildest dreams. At a happy place, whether permanent or just for the wonderful now.

2 comments:

Doug The Una said...

Enjoy that! Independence is the best gift you can share.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and cheers to the independence.

I'll be thinking of you.