May 02, 2010

The Sunset

I’m thinking I will drive to the beach and watch the sunset, but once it sets I get pretty sad so maybe I’ll just lie in bed and clench my jaw. I wait for calls I’m too embarrassed to answer and try to get the courage to stop the snow balling effects of my actions. Read on. Reeds on the beach, I really do want to watch that sunset but I would have to shower first. Funny little words strung together, inspiration has strange effects on what’s left of my brain. Dear me, let’s go to the beach and brush my teeth before.

at the beach:
Now that I’m here I cant be sure why. It’s chillingly beautiful and loud. Waves crashing, windy breezes whipping, the sun slowly sinking but burning orange into retinas the beach over. I reach out but really wish to float away on the wind’s breezes and rolling wakes. I’m feeling too confined by the winding roads and whispers, my legs are sore and cramped. We can’t see ourselves aligning when nights are spent sipping truth serum but coming up empty handed, empty laughs. Lessons in loneliness continue while I find myself surrounded by good company poisoned by honesty. It chills, the sky forms shades of sherbert, the ocean darkens hinting slightly at the fathoms below. The sun obtusifys and the sadness starts to sink-in in the same fashion. Hide behind clouds on the horizon, hide behind shrouds and cloaks only to find the dagger that was once in my heart is now in my hand. Skipping rocks and skipping school have lost their allure and the seasons smell only of smoke and saltwater. We come out, a sliver is left and soon pinks will turns to purples will turn to blacks and the first star won’t be a star at all. The world will still spin for now and runners will still run and I’ll be left writing sadly.

2 comments:

Doug The Una said...

That was pretty. The central coast is a noisy coast, isn't it?

Rio said...

yes surprisingly so.