February 16, 2006

But you can dream…

There is a pain in my heart each beat causes a jump or a frown, as we speak of dreams I feel haunted, haunted by the dream that is my life. I once had this great idea to pretend my whole life was a dream, this was this past summer and I thought I could do whatever I wanted. So I went crazy, crazy in LA and figured eventually I’d wake up. Well I’ve yet to wake up from this dream and there are days that it seems more like a nightmare. Mostly its like a day dream though where I find myself staring out the window at pink flowers the way I did in the third grade, when my teacher told my parents I was a day dreamer. She was right, I’m rarely aware, usually working fictitious scenarios through my mind. So I still dream while characters change and my nightly dreams become more vivid. I sleep with eyes open, I sleep walk to school and into his bed.

…but I can dream.

4 comments:

Cooper said...

The dream is all that matters.

Doug The Una said...

I second Alice. There are no fleas in dreams.

Pause said...

I'm sorry but I can't agree. Shape your reality not your dreams. Make reality the dream, you'll be happier when you do.

Cooper said...

no no no croaker, what is reality if not our dreams realized.